Saturday, February 7, 2015

At Wolf Ranch

Everything's bigger in Big Sky country, including the hearts of the Montana Men...

After years on the rodeo circuit, Gabe Bowden wants nothing more than land of his own and a woman who will claim his heart for more than one night. When he has the chance to buy the enormous Wolf Ranch spread, he snaps up the incredible deal. Everything is set, until Gabe rescues a woman on the deserted, snowy road leading to the property, and the half-frozen beauty changes everything.

Ella Wolf rushes to her family's abandoned Montana ranch after her twin sister is murdered. She knows she's next . . . unless she can uncover a secret hidden somewhere at Wolf Ranch. The last thing Ella expects is to be rescued by a rugged rancher with his own agenda. A man who almost makes her forget how dangerous love can be.

As an unlikely partnership sparks into something so much more, and a killer closes in, can Ella and Gabe learn to trust one another before it's too late?


***Expected Date of Publication: February 25th, 2015***
***I received a copy of this book for my honest review***


Jennifer Ryan knows how to capture a reader's attention. I first devoured her McBrides series, and I was eager to see that I received her upcoming book in my latest #AvonAddicts bundle. (If you missed my review for them McBrides, you can CLICK HERE to Meet the McBrides!) She takes it to an entirely new level with this one. 
You meet Ella Wolf and her twin sister, Lela in the first chapter. You cannot possibly be ready for the heartache tossed your way in the first few pages. Luckily, Ella is one tough cookie and will not let her sister's death go without ensuring those responsible pay for what they took from her. I loved her attitude and determination from the beginning. Strong women in romances are always a PLUS for me. Heck, Jennifer had me so engulfed in trying to figure out all the details alongside Ella - I can't quite pinpoint when "WE" fell in love with Gabe. 
Gabe. Things to know about our Gabe. 
  • He used to run in the rodeo circuit. 
  • His brothers: Caleb, Dane and Blake are bound to have some interesting stories too.
  • He attended Texas A&M University
  • His sense of humor is one of my favorite things about him (Next to his need to take care of the situation. 
"How'd you meet her?" His mother tried to sound casual, but a hint of more than curiosity filled her voice. 
"I found her on the side of the road and decided to keep her."
Blake had his beer bottle to his lips, taking a deep drink. He choked and coughed, but managed to swallow. 
Ella laughed and shook her head at him again.
"It's a long story. You'll like her."
Gabe and Ella both have their own life altering issues at hand, but that doesn't stop them from being the kind-hearted individuals they are and trying to take care of each other while figuring out their own dilemmas. I held my breath almost the entire book. It was only when I giggled out loud that I was offered some emotional relief. 
These two are so different, and yet so similar it is hard to understand how it is even possible - but love conquers all. This bull-riding cowboy from the wide open acres of Montana can't be away from his Manolo Blahnik wearing NYC city girl. 
Ella never took her gaze from Gabe. 
"This is Gabe Bowden. I brought him back with me from Montana."
Gabe smiled down at her. "Am I like a souvenir?"
I loved every page of this book from the heart-breaking story of the family she doesn't have to the love lost when what he had wasn't enough - to the blossoming relationship between two unlikely people in the ice cold conditions of a Montana winter. With this chilly tale of love and murder - I give Jennifer Ryan's 'At Wolf Ranch' a FIVE stars!
Now before we head off to give Jennifer the well deserved love and attention - let me share my favorite exchange of sweet nothings between these two! 
"I will, because I have you."
"For as long as you want me."
"I might just keep you."







No comments:

Post a Comment