Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Wedding Vow

Cara Connelly's second Save the Date novel proves that opposites do attract . . .
The playboy
Sexy billionaire Adam LeCroix has a mission: hunt down the sultry spitfire he blames for his troubles, demand her help, and exact revenge while he's at it. Maddie St. Clair will help him . . . or else.
The prosecutor
Former prosecutor Maddie damn near nailed Adam for stealing, but the lucky bastard walked. Now, five years later, he's back, arrogant as ever, giving her an ultimatum—work for him to collect the insurance money, or she'll never work again.
The problem
Maddie's all about right and wrong. Adam's shades of gray. So when he uncovers the hot body under her hard-ass veneer and she finds he's a thief with a heart, can the law-and-order lawyer and the fast-and-loose felon put their prickly past behind them?


***Given this book for an honest review***

A few things before I start:

1) This is my 1st Cara Connelly book. 
2) I am dying to read the ones before and the ones after! 
3) I would like to go to Italy now. 

In this novel, you get to know Adam (swoon!) and Maddie. Adam is "Oh, she understood the attraction on a physical level. The man was a god." "But he was also the devil." A playboy billionaire who has a rocky history to say the least with Maddie "The Pitbull." Five years ago, she almost had him arrested. He represented her only professional failure. And now that failure has walked back into her life in a ridiculously expensive suit. 

Bound by her commitment to her job, she was not in a place to turn down the job Mr. LeCroix laid out on the table for her boss. 
"I'm sure you have many fascinating and original ideas about what I can do with my whim," he said, "but that's not what I'm paying you for. I'm paying for your time, your efforts, and your undivided attention. And by undivided I mean 24/7."

Arrogant ass is the best way to describe Adam. Always gets what he wants, but their is more underneath the ripped body and fast cars. Maddie is solid, and to the point. Like Adam, she has more underneath her exterior that nobody knows about. Together, they are explosive. Lust filled and uncontrollable. Adam breaks her walls down, and Maddie makes him human. One of my favorite parts (outside of the obvious STEAM) was all the food. Cara made me hungry with every dish served. 
"Oh God, oh God." Thin crust, thick sauce, and cheese... lots of cheese.
Adam downshifted for a turn. "I didn't know you'd been lovers."
"Good. Because it's none of your business."

So many secrets are revealed and it takes turns you don't expect in your usual HEA. I loved EVERY turn. There were some intriguing and promising supporting characters that I would love to get to know in future books. And the snark-filled banter between Adam and Maddie was priceless. She puts him in his place time after time. When his employees start taking bets on his inability to get what he wants - her... I found myself giggling. 
"No way."
He grinned. "Way."
Her lips twitched as she fought a smile. "You're a jerk." 
"Ah, a step up from a$$hole."
"They're not mutually exclusive."

I adored Vicky. Maddie's best friend is getting married, and enlists Maddie (the obvious choice, LOL) to help with writing her wedding vows. The texts exchanged between these two friends reminds me so much of how my friends and I would have been if we would have enlisted each other. A few of my faves were: 

Vicky: I promise to stand with you again adversity of all kinds, be it enemies or illness or poverty or loss. I will be at your side. 
Maddie: Unless it's zombies. Then I'm outta there. 

Vicky: I promise to try not to hurt you, and if I do, I promise to say I'm sorry. 
Maddie: But not without talking to my lawyer first.

Vicky: My heart is an open book. I won't keep secrets from you.
Maddie: Except about that drunken weekend in Barbados. That's in the vault. 

The Wedding Vow gets a solid FOUR stars from me. I cannot wait to check out previous books from this amazing author. And come September 30th, I suggest you ONE-CLICK or run out to your local bookstore and pick up this gem. 

Now let's show this author some LOVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment