Monday, June 2, 2014

White Collared: Mercy

The first sexy installment in Shelly Bell's four-part serialized erotic thriller about a young law student who must go undercover at a sex club to prove her client is not guilty of murder.
Driven by ambition …
Third-year law student Kate Martin outran her tragic past to become an intern for her idol and secret crush, the powerful attorney Nicholas Trenton. She is thrilled when Nick assigns her to represent his best friend and client, millionaire Jaxon Deveroux … the prime suspect in his submissive wife Alyssa's murder.
Seduced by desire …

Kate knows they have only a few days to find the real killer, and since signs point to a member of the BDSM community, she volunteers to go undercover as Jaxon's submissive at Benediction—the private sex club where he is a member—to covertly investigate Alyssa's last few months. For years, Kate has kept her dark fantasies a secret … but a chance to explore them with sexy, dominant Jaxon is just too tempting to pass up.

ON TO THE REVIEW!!!

First off, let me tell you: This book is not for the weak-hearted or those who are squeamish around the kink. :) Shelly Bell penned an incredibly eye-opening book to the world of BDSM. I devoured every page of this book eager to get to the next. One word: INTENSE!
I am a red-blooded woman, so obviously I love an Alpha male as much as the next lady. In Mercy, you are introduced to more than your share of choices. I switched teams often, and I am glad I was not in Kate's shoes because it would not have been a pretty sight to see me swoon as much as I did while reading. Nick comforts the side of a woman that needs to be cared for while Jax intrigues the kink that lies within. (Whenever she encountered him, "The Freaks Come Out at Night" would play in my head!)
It's hard to tell you more than what the synopsis above tells you (And I am a NON-spoiler review!) , but I will try. This book left me speechless. And the nerd in me ATE UP all the information you were given. When talking about this book with my co-blogger Kristyn, she simply replied " Ummm... Not sure if I ever would have imagined the words informative and BDSM used in the same sentence." But (other than all the HOT men) the informational aspect was my favorite. This explained a lot about the BDSM community and all that it entails. Going forward in my literary kink adventures I will have less questions due to the talented Ms. Bell! (Wonder what color bracelet she would wear?)
I recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed FSOG, Cynthia Sax's Seen Trilogy and to anyone who loves a unique book with some steam!
FIVE STARS FROM ME!!! A big THANK YOU to the immensely talented, Shelly Bell and to Book Enthusiast Promotions for allowing us to participate!!!

Let's show our girl, Shelly Bell some LOVE:

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! If I didn't have fake nails on right now,they'd be bitten down to the quick. Thank you for hosting White Collared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inviting us!!! :) Always a honor to meet amazing authors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This book sounds hot hot hot! Great reviews ladies! Can't wait to read more from Shelly Bell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aachica, between you and I - the following 3 are SUPER DUPER HOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete