Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Book Nerd's Dozen: Jeffe Kennedy Style!

Today, we welcome Jeffe Kennedy! (JEFF-EEE) And we would first like to say "HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY!" 'The Mark of the Tala' releases today, and we couldn't be more thrilled for her and for y'all to finally get the chance to read this book. Jeffe took a minute to answer a few questions for us today! So, let's get the Book Nerd's Dozen rolling....

1) Waiting in line at Starbucks, what are you ordering? What name do you give?
Jeffe: Venti soy latte with sugar-free caramel. And I say Jennifer, because no one hears “Jeffe” right.
2) Who was your first book boyfriend?
Jeffe: Probably Anne McCaffrey’s F’Lar, if we pick chronologically. But the first one I *really* obsessed over (and still do) was J.D. Robb’s Roarke. ~dreamy sigh~
3) Last song you couldn't get enough of?
Jeffe: Lorde’s Royals
4) At this very moment, do your socks match?
Jeffe: Hee! Yes.
5) Dog-earring: okay or unforgivable?
Jeffe: UNFORGIVABLE (catalogs and magazines are okay though)
6) What is your super power?
Jeffe: I can open any wine bottle, with any implement. Seriously.
7) Dog person or cat person?
Jeffe: Cat person! Though I love all animals.
8) Nickname?
Jeffe: Jeffe! The man calls me “My Dear” and my mother calls me “Poohsies” (for Winnie the Pooh)
9) If you had to leave one piece of advice for the next generation, what would it be?
Jeffe: Stay away from the Borg!
(Special nerd joke there )
10) Tell me about your best author fangirl moment! (Either one you had or one someone had withyou!)

Jeffe: Had to be dancing next to Nora Roberts at the Harlequin Ball. She even gave my shoes an approving nod! Total squee moment.
11) Are the men in your stories your ideal? Do you write them based off of someone?
Jeffe: Interesting question. Yes, because I write fiction, the men are ideals. Very often romance heroes are not men we’d want to live with every day in real life. I might love Roarke as a book boyfriend, but he’d no doubt drive me crazy as an actual person. That said, I do base the way my fictional men operate in relationships on my real-life man of 23 years. He’s an amazing partner to me and source of love and support. To me that’s true love.
12) Now, this one is important... Do you return your buggy to its proper location after grocery shopping?
Jeffe: Um… no. Sometimes I’ll stick it in the cart corral. But if there’s a convenient place to stow it where it won’t roll away, I’ll do that. Do you hate me now?
And finally, for the last and final question in your Book Nerd's Dozen: 
13) Can you leave us fans with some juicy tidbit? A secret? (WE WON'T TELL!) A pet peeve?
Jeffe: Hmm…This one is on my mind today, with the shootings at UCSB and all the attendant talk. I’m a sorority girl. I loved my soror and some of my sorority sisters are still good friends today. They are surgeons, lawyers, business owners. I get really tired of talk that bashes sorority girls as sluts and bimbos. Worse – people act *shocked* when I reveal my “secret.” Go Gamma Phi Beta!

No comments:

Post a Comment