Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Accidental Seal

What would you do if you walked into your first open house as a realtor to find a naked (albeit handsome) man asleep in the bad? If you are Christy Nelson, you try to leave as quietly and quickly as possible. Sure that your obnoxious co-worker set this up as a prank. Quickly the situation escalates and bound by pantyhose is how this story starts.

Enter Navy Seal, Kyle Lansdowne. He doesn't get involved in relationships since he is married to the Navy. He loves them, and leaves them. And yet, he is back. Christy has that something that he has been missing his entire life. When one of his team members family members, Armando, comes up missing - his marriage to the team shows even more. Christy is left alone and unable to get this mystery man out of her head.

"It would be difficult to let her go, like she belonged to him already. Or maybe he needed something she had. Something he would protect."

The entire story I was on pins and needles waiting to hear about another body. I was eager to know how the team was going to handle a loss like Armando. I am incredibly new to this particular genre. I was not aware there was a sub-genre catering to this particular storyline. This book appealed to many aspects of my life. 1) I was born and raised in San Diego and the references to them boys running on the beach, well my best friend and I knew their schedule VERY well. 2) I was raised a Navy brat. The other thing that I really enjoyed was how many layers the story had. While the romantic aspects stayed present throughout the story, it almost played second fiddle to the rest of the story. I really enjoyed meeting Mia and Mama Guzman. I loved walking around with Kyle and Christy and seeing the sights. The book was incredibly well-written and intriguing to say the least.

Kyle's team consisted of some my favorite male supporting characters in a novel to date. Coop might have been my favorite with lines like this one:
"I know about the equipment and how to make it purr. I know where to put the oil and where to put the grease." - He winked. 

I would give this book 4 stars! I found myself praying for the safety of the men on their mission, cursing the dirty law enforcement and morning the loss of lives to protect the innocent. You felt Kyle's intense love for Christy in his stolen glances, even though he never spoke the words. You felt her need for him. I am glad to have had the opportunity to read this book, and look forward to reading the other members of Seal Team 3's stories. 

Show the author some LOVE
How I imagined Kyle the WHOLE book!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you guys sooooooo much!!! Love this review. And so happy this is a new sub-genre for you. I'm on Book 6 right now, with no end in sight. Thanks, and hope you'll follow along with the other members of the team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will for sure! Especially Coop! I loved him!

      Delete